Situated between downtown Atlanta to the south and Buckhead to the north, Midtown Atlanta is a bustling commercial and residential area with a vibrant arts hub. Centered around Atlanta’s ubiquitous Peachtree Street, Midtown features high-rise office buildings and condominium communities, upscale townhomes and historic bungalows, all set among some of the best dining and shopping in the city.
You will never run out of things to do when you live in this exciting part of town! In fact, Midtown has the highest density of art and cultural institutions in the Southeastern United States. The High Museum of Art showcases world-renowned works of art in a striking modern building. The expansive Piedmont Park is the highlight of Midtown’s greenspace, featuring walking paths, athletic fields, playgrounds, and three acres of fenced dog parks. Ready to step back in time? Visit the Margaret Mitchell House to learn more about the author of Atlanta’s most famous literary work, Gone With the Wind. Continue exploring Atlanta’s history with a visit to the Fabulous Fox Theatre, which has been host to movies, concerts and galas for almost 100 years. Catch a performance at Midtown’s Alliance Theatre, which has hosted more than 50 world premieres including many Broadway- bound and star studded shows.
For some retail therapy, Midtown’s Atlantic Station is an outdoor retail destination so big, it has its own ZIP code, with large department stores, local boutiques, fine and casual dining. For a break from shopping, you’ll also find a large outdoor event space with seasonal festivals, winter ice-skating and frequent visits from Cirque du Soleil.
Featured Attractions in Midtown
- Campagnolo: Seasonal rustic Italian
- Madre + Mason: Latin American tapas and Southern staples
- Poor Calvin’s: Modern Thai and traditional Southern fusion with craft cocktails
- Publico Kitchen and Tap: Latin-Asian fusion and Sunday brunch
- Tabla: Classic and inventive Indian dishes amid sleek décor
- Rose & Rye: Elegant American fare with multiple bars and patios
- Springdale Park Elementary: Assigned Elementary School
- Inman Middle School: Assigned Middle School
- Grady High School: Assigned High School
- Midtown International School: Private School (4K thru High School)
- The Children’s School: Private School (3K thru 8thGrade)
- Primrose School of Midtown: Preschool
- The Goddard School: Preschool
Learn more about Atlanta school ratings in Midtown at Great Schools.
“Midtown is a busy commercial area and a vibrant arts hub. The High Museum of Art shows world-renowned works in a striking modern building, while Margaret Mitchell House offers tours of the former home of the “Gone With the Wind” author. Peachtree Street is a hotspot for comedy, bars and big-name shops, with eating options ranging from street food to fine dining. Large, leafy Piedmont Park offers walking trails.”Nicholas Brown