Originally established in 1912 and convenient to both downtown and Buckhead, Peachtree Hills is becoming one of Buckhead’s favorite residential neighborhoods. Tree-lined streets are filled with updated 1920s Craftsman bungalows with white picket fences, interspersed with newer luxury townhomes, condos, antique dealers and art galleries. Local shops and corner restaurants add to the areas appeal, and give residents a place to mix and mingle.
A large park for a relatively small neighborhood, Peachtree Hills Park has everything residents need for outdoor recreation, including creekside walking trails, athletic fields, a playground, tennis courts and an indoor recreation facility. Regularly scheduled Movies in the Park run throughout the summer, and there’s even a community garden used by the locals, with a children’s section for budding green thumbs!
Peachtree Hills has long been a destination for art lovers, and the number of antique dealers and galleries continues to grow. Open since the 1960s, the one-of-a-kind Atlanta Decorative Arts Center, (ADAC for short) is a 550,000 square foot interior design dream, with 60 stunning showrooms filled with furniture, antiques, kitchen and bath items, flooring and more. Newer to the scene are The Galleries of Peachtree Hills features over 30 dealers in antiques, fine art and interior design. Many smaller galleries and showrooms can also be found throughout Peachtree Hills.
Featured Attractions in Peachtree Hills
- Café Lapin: Classic French bistro
- Holeman & Finch Public House: Gastropub with modern takes on vintage eats
- KR SteakBar: Contemporary steaks and Italian cuisine
- Restaurant Eugene: Sophisticated farm-to-table American fare
- Pasta Vino: New York style Italian pizza & pasta
- Treehouse Pub: Neighborhood spot for craft beer and patio dining
- Rivers Elementary: Assigned Elementary School
- Sutton Middle School: Assigned Middle School
- North Atlanta High School: Assigned High School
- Atlanta International School: Private School (3K – High School)
- Christ the King School: Private School (Kindergarten – 8thGrade)
- The Marlowe School: Preschool
- The Preschool at Second-Ponce: Preschool
Learn more about Atlanta school ratings in Peachtree Hills at Great Schools.
“Peachtree Hills is a neighborhood within the Buckhead district of Atlanta, Georgia. It consists primarily of residential buildings, but restaurants, retail, and mixed use buildings are scattered throughout the neighborhood. Peachtree Battle Shopping Center is located within the borders of Peachtree Hills.”Nicholas Brown